CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey Day

Do you have those family members you only see like once a year? I've noticed I sure do, but when we get together it's so much fun. Makes you wonder why you don't see each other more often. That's what it's like with our family. Odd.

Thanksgiving is always held at my mom's house. I really appreciate all the time and effort she takes to make this day great. When I was living at home, I dreaded those days right before Thanksgiving.....spring cleaning in the fall. Ugh! Now, it just makes me appreciate my mom even more. I love being home for Thanksgiving. I love all the little silly traditions our family has.
Someone always brings Chinese Chicken Salad another brings Pumpkin Roll and of course it wouldn't be Thanksgiving at our house without the traditional Sushi! What....your family doesn't have sushi? I totally thought EVERYONE had sushi at Thanksgiving....interesting. Guess that's what happens when you have a Japanese family. The one tradition I love most is the after-dinner game of Russian Rummy! You don't realize how competitive everyone is until you sit around the table and put cards in front of them. Such wonderful memories!! I'm just glad we don't play Spoons....I can only imagine!
I want to let everyone know how deeply grateful I am for my loving husband. He doesn't know what a strength he is to me. He has made some HUGE changes in his life and he just brushes it all off like it was nothing. I am so proud of him for being him. The light that shines from his eyes now just makes me fall in love with him all over again every time I look at him. I am so glad he chose ME to be his eternal companion. Wow! I also need to thank Denver and Kristi....you guys have no idea how your example and unconditional love have changed our lives. I love you guys so much!!

1 comment:

CC said...

You just made me cry! That was beautiful Charisse. And I have to say that we are pretty lucky to have these amazing Dalton boys as our husbands, but I'm also glad that Morgan found himself such a fantastic wife. You are both very incredible yourselves. We love you.